I am looking for the "winds aloft" information for an aviation app, but can only seem to find surface weather information.
Is it even possible, with openweathermap, to obtain the wind information for a given altitude, say 1000m above the ground at a given geographics location?
Thank you very much for your interest in our services!
Unfortunately, but we do not provide this information.
We provide the following information about wind (10 m above the ground):
– wind.speed.value – Wind speed, mps
– wind.speed.name – Type of the wind
– wind.direction.value – Wind direction, degrees (meteorological)
– wind.direction.code – Code of the wind direction. Possible value is WSW, N, S etc.
– wind.direction.name – The full name of the wind direction.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!